Year 7 Science
Activities to support your learning
Year 7 science planner
Use this planner to help you organise the work that you should be completing over the coming weeks.
You need to log on to Educake using your log in. Complete the tasks that have been set up for you even if the tasks aren’t assigned by your teacher. To create your own quizzes select "set yourself a test” select the topic that you want to revise and set the number of questions you want to complete.
Sign up to the website using your own email address. Click “I’m a student” and search for “Carr Manor” and select our school. This should take you to a page saying welcome to either Year 7 revision or Year 8 revision, then click on start assignment. Read through the information the website is giving you and answer the questions.
Click on the links below for the BBC Bitesize pages and go through the topics listed below. Then click on the quiz at the bottom of the page and test yourself on what you’ve read.
- Living organisms: all sections except 'what are bacteria', 'what is cellulose' and 'how to dissect a chicken leg'
- Nutrition, digestion and excretion: all sections
- Reproduction: only 'plant reproduction'
- States of matter: all sections
- Atoms, elements and the period table: sections 'what are elements', 'atoms elements and compounds' and 'separating mixtures'
- Acids, alkalis and salts: all sections
- Energy: sections 'fuels and energy resources' and 'energy stores and transfers'
- Waves: all sections
Sending your work to your teacher
You can send either a file (eg. a Word file or PowerPoint file) or a photograph of your handwritten work to your teacher.
You can send your message from any email account - it doesn't have to me your school account.
Make sure you include your name and your teacher's name in the subject of the email.
Send your email to:
Your teacher will then reply to you on the email address you emailed them from, so please make sure you are checking your emails.
If you need help with this, please click here.