We are looking forward to welcoming you into our school community in September!
The aim of this page is to provide useful and informative resources that will help with the transition process into our Reception.
Key Date – Saturday 11th July
We are holding our ‘Teddy Bears’ Picnic’ on Saturday 11th July to support with transition and we do hope that you can attend. The session will include a presentation by Mrs Harkness (Vice Principal) and Miss Kurylo (Early Years Phase Manager) in which they will provide key information about the transition period and school life. As well as this, we will have our Teddy Bears’ Picnic in which your child will be able to meet some new friends, teachers and other members of staff. We really hope to see you on this day!
In this video, Miss Kurylo and Miss Dodds speak about the transition to Reception, the teddy bears' picnic and a summer challenge they've set.
Please click the links below to find some resources we have created for you:
- Transition presentation with lots of useful information about school life, uniform and routines;
- Activities that you could be working on over the summer period to support your child’s transition including a Character for Learning challenge grid, fine and gross motor skill activities and key websites;
- Phase 1 Phonics video from Miss Kurylo which outlines key focuses for your child to be working on;
- Long Term Planner to show the learning that takes place in Reception;
- An example of the Reception timetable;
- Story time videos to support you getting to know our staff team further - they have read some well known stories that you may like to listen to.
Other useful links
You can also take a look at the following pages which contain useful information on our school life: