The Pupil Premium is additional to main school funding. It is provided to address the current underlying inequalities between children eligible for Free School Meals (FSM) and those pupils who are not. It is designed to ensure that funding can reach the pupils who need it most. We are committed that every pupil in our school can attain their highest achievement.
Since 2012 the Pupil Premium has increased. The reason for this increase is the allocation of FSM to pupils who have been eligible for FSM during any of the last six years (FSM Ever 6).
The Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy catch up premium is given to schools as additional funding to support Year 7 pupils who did not achieve at least level 4 in reading and/or maths at the end of Key Stage 2 (KS2).
2016 – 2017 Allocation
To maximise the achievement of Pupil Premium pupils at Carr Manor, funding will be focused in the following areas:
- Specialist intervention and support staff
- Curriculum Delivery and Expansion
- Character Development, Enrichment and Development of Relationships
- Attendance and Pupil Engagement
- Literacy and Reading resources
- Key Stage Interventions
- Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance
- Further & Flexible Learning
Please click here to view the report on Pupil Premium spending 2016-17 (including Year 7 Literacy & Numeracy Catch-up Premium)
To maximise the achievement of Pupil Premium pupils at Carr Manor, funding was focused in the following areas:
- Employing specialist intervention and support staff
- Introducing innovative ways of curriculum delivery and expansion
- Developing relationships
- Improving attendance and pupil engagement
- Introducing new and improved Literacy and Reading resources
- Delivering extensive intervention programmes relevant to each key stage
- Providing bespoke careers information and guidance
- Increasing the Enrichment Development opportunities around school
- Continue to deliver the Further & Flexible Learning programmes
Please click here to view the report on Pupil Premium spending 2015-16 (including Year 7 Literacy & Numeracy Catch-up Premium)
Primary & PE Sports Premium
The government provides additional funding to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. The funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in school.
Please click here to view the Primary PE & Sports Premium Funding report from 2015-16
Please click here to view the Primary PE & Sports Premium Funding projections for 2016-17