Welcome from the Executive Principal
At Carr Manor Community School we offer an ‘all through’ learning environment that is relationship-led, inclusive and ambitious.
We are proud of our unique educational offer, which includes:
- Coaching and House programmes Curriculum innovation
- Restorative approaches
- Personal Development and Well-Being strategies
- Further and Flexible Learning opportunities
- Passengers into Crew programme
Children are encouraged to challenge themselves, become independent learners and develop healthy relationships and ‘character for learning’ that will not only help them in their academic studies but also in life beyond school.
Our broad and innovative curriculum offer from Early Years through to Post 16 provides a personalised and bespoke programme of learning for children that suits their skills and aspirations and is focussed on their qualifications, pathways and future career plans.
The school is an exciting and dynamic place of learning and exploration.
The staff team is a professional body of people who are committed to ensuring that all children have the opportunities to grow, develop and meet or exceed their full potential from their individual ‘starting points’. To achieve this we need to ‘know our children well’ and be good ‘partners in learning’ with the children, parents and the wider community.
We are proud of our school and the way in which pupils and staff contribute to the school community; challenging and supporting each other; providing the best conditions and opportunities to ‘enjoy and achieve’.
Children and adults work well together; as Ofsted noted we are a ’high performing and harmonious school community’.
We look forward to welcoming you into our school family.
Thank you for visiting our website
Carr Manor Community School is exactly that, a community, and that means our core values are about building and maintaining a community within the school.
We achieve that through several major initiatives. Our House System, for example, ensures that every pupil and staff member is part of a team, and our coaching programme gives everyone the opportunity to get to know each other so anyone who comes to Carr Manor Community School is quickly part of our community.
As pupils progress through the year groups they benefit from continuity and personalised learning. This means that, whatever their age, the values of a community that is both diverse and harmonious are extended to all pupils throughout their learning.
At Carr Manor Community School we have four key values to ensure every child can reach the best possible outcomes:
- Know our children well: Having conversations with our pupils throughout the week, in coaching sessions, during Flexible Learning, and in lessons, means we get to know them really well. They also know the staff and each other and build strong relationships that equip them with the life skills they need to reach their goals.
- Partners in learning: At Carr Manor Community School we have a personal approach to learning and pupils respond well to the curriculum and achieve because they have played a key part in building and developing their learning. As partners in learning, staff and pupils, working with outside agencies like businesses and other schools and colleges, work together closely to make the school experience positive and rewarding.
- Enjoy and achieve: As a result of this partnership in learning, pupils often exceed their aims in school, irrespective of their starting point. We are an inclusive school and our staff team is equipped to support and encourage progress whatever your child’s level of need. Our commitment to the school’s sense of community means that any issues are addressed quickly, and this safe learning environment allows pupils to enjoy their time in school and achieve the outcomes they want for the future.
- Character for Learning: Sometimes learning can be difficult and challenges will emerge for many children, but there is always support and guidance available. Our dedicated team of staff encourages, guides, and supports pupils to develop and demonstrate Character for Learning skills and dispositions, such as teamwork and resilience.
As one of only two schools in Leeds that offers ‘all through’ education, Carr Manor Community School provides places for children from the age of 4 to 19.
The opportunities of having this unique set up, with Reception to Year 13 provision all on one site, are vast. Developing teaching and learning and the curriculum across the school means learning is more personalised, so pupils can enjoy and achieve.
We also build lasting relationships with families who have children with us from the beginning of their education up to when they move on to higher education, apprenticeships, or employment.
Continued progress since we first became a through school in 2012 means pupils benefit from an easier transition between year groups, shared expertise across the school, tailored teaching, shared resources, flexibility in the curriculum, and the strong relationships that make our community what it is.