On Tuesday 26th June 2018, Carr Manor Community School was inspected by Ofsted. The purpose of this 'short inspection' was to confirm the judgement made in February 2014 is still an accurate assessment of the school. During this previous inspection, Ofsted judged the overall effectiveness of the school to be good, with outstanding judgments in the behaviour and safety of pupils and leader and management. We are delighted that the June 2018 inspection team determined that the school continues to be good.
To read the letter from Ofsted in full, please click here.
To read the letter sent to parents following the inspection, please click here.
Previous reports can be found below:
- 2014 full inspection report
- 2011 full inspection report
- 2009 subject inspection report
- 2008 full inspection report
Parents/carers can give their views to Ofsted via ParentView, by clicking here.
You can also visit the Ofsted website here.
- 51% of pupils achieved a strong pass (5 or above) in English or English Literature.
- 1 in 4 pupils achieved the highest grades (9 - 6) in English or English Literature.
- 40% of pupils gained at least three qualifications at the highest levels of A* - B grades or equivalent.
- 20% of all qualifications achieved were at A*/A grades or equivalent.
- Grade 9s (top 5% nationally) awarded in English, English Literature and Mathematics.
- A third of all pupils left with one or more A*/A grades or equivalent.
- Above 95% pass rates in BTEC Business, Sport, Performing Arts, Health & Social Care and Art & Design.
- 100% of exiting Year 11s have landed appropriate destinations.
2017 Subject Attainment
9 - 4 9 - 5
English 65% 51%
Mathematics 52% 38%
A* - C A* - B
French 64% 40%
Spanish 69% 45%
History 51% 39%
Geography 64% 37%
Science 58% 33%
Computer Science 65% 41%
Religious Education 84% 61%
Sociology 78% 56%
English, mathematics, science, a language and either history or geography.
27% of pupils achieved a 4/C or better in the English Baccalaureate subjects.
Nationally, this was achieved by 24% of pupils. 46% of the cohort were entered for this measure.
Key Stage 4 results
- Progress 8 score: +0.32
- Attainment 8 score: 44.44
- Percentage of pupils who got a good pass in English and maths: 34%